Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cooking Caveman with Jeff Nimoy: SamePlate.com, the first dating site that matches people by the food they eat (or don't eat).

Cooking Caveman with Jeff Nimoy: SamePlate.com, the first dating site that matches people by the food they eat (or don't eat).

PLEASE RE-BLOG and help spread the word!

Hi, I’m Jeff Nimoy, founder of SamePlate.com, and I’m on a very specific diet with a ton of restrictions (you can read all about it at CookingCaveman.com). I cook almost every meal at home, knowing it’s impossible to find my kind of food in most restaurants. I also happen to be single. One day I realized, if I ever wanted to date again, I’d have to go off my diet just to meet for meals, unless I cooked for this potential stranger. And what if she hated this food? Kind of a deal breaker. Or what if we met, fell in love, got married, and she still won’t eat like this? I’m gonna have to either go off this diet a lot, or cook two meals every single night! Or we’d cook separate meals, and that’s not going to work either in a long-term relationship. So my only choice is to meet a girl who’s also on the same diet! Where am I going to find her, taking an ad out in “Weird Dieters Monthly?” But now I’ve created a dating site that can find me that girl, SamePlate.com, where I can search exclusively for partners on my particular diet.

This works for any kind of diet people might be on. Couples can be on Weight Watchers together while dating, speaking the same diet language, talking about the same shared experiences, and eating the same food. Let’s say you’re a vegan and you meet someone great… but they’re a meat eater!? Probably won’t work in the long run. Or if you’re both extremely picky eaters and are tired of driving your dating partners crazy with your special orders. Or two people with wheat allergies can meet, fall in love, and live gluten-free, happily ever after. Any food need or preference can be applied. Even if you’re just looking for someone who shares a love of the best cheeseburger your city has to offer! The one thing ALL single people have in common is, they all EAT! There’s no need for pick-up lines here, and we have none of the pressures of dating. Just start a conversation about food, and take it from there! Because even if things don’t work out romantically, you still gotta EAT! Good luck to all of you in finding that perfect eating partner, here at SamePlate.com!

SamePlate: Same Food, Same Love, Same Life.

By the way, I’m on here too (my profile name is CookingCaveman), so give me a shout out and let me know how SamePlate is working for you!
We’re brand spanking new, so please create a profile and help us beta test it before going BIG! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment